back to a prior version

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 5 18:21:57 PST 2009

> In general:
>
> http://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/InstallingOlderPort

I've noticed that this has to be told fairly frequently.  That
suggests to me that it's not where people are looking.  It looks to me
as though one has to search at least 5 places to stand a chance of
finding basic information: Documentation, Support & Development
problem hotlist, Support and Development FAQ, Support and Development
HowTos, Support and Development Tickets.  Is there are reason that all
but the last aren't chapters in the Documentation page listed in the
nice table of contents where they would be easy to find?

Furthermore, I tried using the search function on "old port" and
"outdated port" and all of the results seemed to be trac tickets and
the howto doesn't seem to turn up.  Only if I know to search
"olderport" as one word does the relevant HowTo turn up on the first
page of the search.  Is this a matter of someone (me maybe) adding
more tags to the various FAQs and HowTos so they show up for more
search terms or is the difficulty deeper?

Lenore