mesa universal

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Dec 7 10:53:33 PST 2009

On Dec 7, 2009, at 11:10, Payam Minoofar wrote:

> When I tried upgrading win-devel this morning, port said that I need to build libGL.dylib as universal in order to upgrade wine-devel.

On Snow Leopard, software builds 64-bit by default, but Wine cannot be built 64-bit at this time. (Ask the Wine developers if you want to know why.) Therefore Wine builds 32-bit. To build 32-bit on Snow Leopard, all of a port's dependencies must be built either 32-bit or universal 32-bit/64-bit.

> ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libXmu.dylib, file is not of required architecture

This indicates the port that provides that library is not built universal either.

I'm surprised you were able to install wine-devel at all before if mesa was not universal, unless you were not previously on Snow Leopard. Did you recently upgrade to Snow Leopard from Leopard? If so, please uninstall and reinstall all ports, as described in the Migration document:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration