mesa universal

Payam Minoofar payam.minoofar at meissner.com
Mon Dec 7 15:45:18 PST 2009

I upgraded to SL the day it was released. I followed the migration instructions, and everything has been working fine; anything that builds, that is.

Actually, it was with your help that I went through and rebuilt all dependencies as universal and got wine-devel to build. This was with 1.1.29, and all incremental upgrades built just fine, until 1.1.34 suddenly decided not to build today.

When I try to install xorg-libXmu (which provides libXmu.dylib as universal, I get this error, even though port reports that libXmu can be built as universal:

--->  Building xorg-libXmu
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_x11_xorg-libXmu/work/libXmu-1.0.5" && /usr/bin/make -j2 all " returned error 2
Command output:       _XmuCvtStringToBitmap in StrToBmap.o
      _XmuCvtStringToCursor in StrToCurs.o
      _XmuCvtStringToCursor in StrToCurs.o
      _XmuCvtStringToCursor in StrToCurs.o
      _XmuCvtStringToGravity in StrToGrav.o
      _XmuCvtStringToJustify in StrToJust.o
      _XmuCvtStringToLong in StrToLong.o
      _XmuCvtStringToOrientation in StrToOrnt.o
      _XmuCvtStringToWidget in StrToWidg.o
  "_XtScreenDatabase", referenced from:
      _XmuCvtStringToBitmap in StrToBmap.o
  "_XtCreateWidget", referenced from:
      _XmuWnFetchResources in WidgetNode.o
  "_XtAppSetTypeConverter", referenced from:
      __XEditResCheckMessages in EditresCom.o
  "_XtCallConverter", referenced from:
      _XmuCvtStringToCursor in StrToCurs.o
      _XmuCvtStringToCursor in StrToCurs.o
  "_XtStrings", referenced from:
      _resources.11586 in EditresCom.o
      _XtStrings$non_lazy_ptr in EditresCom.o
      _XtStrings$non_lazy_ptr in StrToCurs.o
      _XtStrings$non_lazy_ptr in StrToOrnt.o
      _XtStrings$non_lazy_ptr in StrToWidg.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
lipo: can't open input file: /var/tmp//ccASA0li.out (No such file or directory)
make[2]: *** [libXmu.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2