Requests/mpeg4ip

Heiko Recktenwald heikorecktenwald at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 7 13:13:50 PST 2009

Hi,

Scott Haneda schrieb:
> What port are you in need of?

I did not ask the question, but this is the reason for my subscription:

I want more mpeg4ip. mp4creator seems to be back in ports, but mp4player is not if it ever
was. mp4live is not necessary, there is the QT broadcaster, but I really need mp4player.

(Because mp4player runs from the commandline and it supports playlists, see
http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/video/vnd-mpegurl
Playlist support in mp4player is not perfect, there is no switch like
in mplayer -playlist or xine -P, extensions are hardcoded, for example .m4u,
but such a playlist support is much better than none.)

mpeg4ip did not compile out of the box for me, I tried different versions.

There is an audio issue, at least on MacOSX 1.5.8, with the old portaudio that is
somehow incorporated into mpeg4ip as far as I could see. The latest portaudio compiled
easily but it did not help. Hope it can be fixed somehow.

Best,

H.