2 trees for inkscape

Wolf Drechsel drechsel at verkehrsplanung.com
Wed Dec 9 00:07:38 PST 2009

Good morning everybody,

having had quite a lot of trouble with gtk2, cairo etc. variants for
compiling inkscape I came to the result, that maintaining just
different variants in one tree does not really work.

So I thought about having different macports trees, e.g. one
containing a set of "+x11" variants and another tree with
"+quartz_noX11" variants.

As I'm not familiar with the concept of "paths" recommended in the
inkscape wiki, could I try the following:

create one tree, let's say containing a set of X11 variants,
do something like
mv /opt/local /opt/local-X11
do a second macports install
create a tree containing the aqua variants

finally switch the variants by just renaming /opt/local-xxx.

Does that idea have a chance to work?

Thanks and greetings,

Wolf