Dependency problem while install p5-gd

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Dec 10 02:38:57 PST 2009

On Dec 9, 2009, at 03:25, Woody Lin wrote:

> 2009/12/9 Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>
>
>> This message in your output gives me the first clue of the cause of the problem:
>>
>> > Writing /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_perl_p5-locale-gettext/work/destroot/Network/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Locale/gettext/.packlist
>>
>> Somehow it has found Perl 5.10 on your network, and decided it should install the module there, instead of locally on your machine within your MacPorts installation. Thus the post-destroot code, which tries to look at every item in ${destroot}${perl5.lib} fails, because that directory never got created.
>>
>> I don't know how this occurred or how to stop it, short of getting off the network.
>
> I think there must be a solution for install GD module onto Mac OS 10.6.
>
> I just wanted to install GD module for Perl. Things are far complicated than I expected...

I agree that there is a solution to your issue. The one I can suggest so far is to get off of whatever network is filling your /Network directory with a rogue copy of Perl. It is incorrect for MacPorts to be finding and using that copy of Perl, but most MacPorts contributors probably have never seen anything in their /Network directories and thus have never encountered this problem, nor have any idea how to prevent MacPorts from using it. At least I don't at this time.