CafePorts

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Wed Dec 16 03:16:54 PST 2009

On 2009-12-15 , at 09:12 , Panayotis Katsaloulis wrote:

> Now it's usable I think and I need your feedback to go on.

administrator privileges required to use

1. Login as non-admin user
2. Attempt to install anything

Prompted for password, but that's not going to work. In my case we need both a username and a password.

In my case I have a separate admin account. The admin account can "sudo" without password.
I have keys set up so the following command works

 ssh admin at localhost port selfupdate

or whatever else I want to do. Normally I just open a terminal session as admin, but sometimes I like to be able to save a step.
No password prompts, the commands happen.

8)