CafePorts

Panayotis Katsaloulis panayotis at panayotis.com
Wed Dec 16 03:32:45 PST 2009

> administrator privileges required to use
>
> 1. Login as non-admin user
> 2. Attempt to install anything
>
> Prompted for password, but that's not going to work. In my case we
> need both a username and a password.
>
> In my case I have a separate admin account. The admin account can
> "sudo" without password.
> I have keys set up so the following command works
>
> ssh admin at localhost port selfupdate
>
> or whatever else I want to do. Normally I just open a terminal
> session as admin, but sometimes I like to be able to save a step.
> No password prompts, the commands happen.
>
> 8)

There is a limitation of Leopard's sudo, which prevents from using
sudo with different account.
I have the feeling though that, what you said is doable, but not from
the command line (and this was another project idea from me).

Try to do something like
ssh admin at localhost LOCATION_OF_CAFEPORTS/CafePorts.app/Contents/MacOS/
JavaApplicationStub

this should do the trick.

To allow zero-length passwords in sudo, you need to download version
0.0.9.1
http://cafeports.googlecode.com/files/CafePorts-0.0.9.1.zip
which I just prepared!