qt4-mac does not build

Jürgen Starek juergen at starek.net
Wed Dec 16 15:43:43 PST 2009

Hello everyone,

thanks for your replies and sorry for my delay, I did not have web access for the last few days.

The suggestion about the conflict between qt4-mac and kdelibs4 solved the issue insofar as I was, indeed, able to successfully build qt4-mac. However, since the update, digikam (the application that is the reason I need QT in the first place) does not start any more, and I am not sure how to diagnose this.

Is it correct, for a Macports project, to "cd into" the app bundle and launch the executable from a shell in order to get at the error messages? Or does this introduce further problems?

Many thanks again,

  Jürgen