Uninstalling a Port

Peter Hindrichs pth at ispnet.ca
Tue Dec 22 17:12:25 PST 2009

I uninstalled the port that I wasn't using anymore, which took awhile as I had to uninstall all the dependencies that went with it, manually.

My question earlier should have been with installing a port, it is quite easy  "sudo port install  "whatever" and it will do all the heavy lifting.

Is there no way of doing this in reverse ie. uninstalling "whatever" that will take care of the dependencies. ?

I have searched all the documentation and couldn't find anything pertaining to this. Maybe I missed it, if someone could help me with this that would be great.

Many Thanks

Peter

