Uninstalling a Port

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Dec 22 17:20:52 PST 2009

>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Hindrichs <pth at ispnet.ca> writes:

Peter> I uninstalled the port that I wasn't using anymore, which took awhile
Peter> as I had to uninstall all the dependencies that went with it, manually.
Peter> My question earlier should have been with installing a port, it is
Peter> quite easy "sudo port install "whatever" and it will do all the heavy
Peter> lifting.

Peter> Is there no way of doing this in reverse ie. uninstalling "whatever"
Peter> that will take care of the dependencies. ?

You mean besides "--follow-dependents"?

   uninstall
     Deactivate and uninstall portname.  To uninstall all installed but inac-
     tive ports, use -u.  To recursively uninstall all dependents of this
     port, use --follow-dependents.