mysql5 vs mysql devel

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Dec 22 22:02:06 PST 2009

On Dec 22, 2009, at 17:01, Payam Minoofar wrote:

> When I try to build Amarok, port hits this barrier, which doesn't seem to make sense:
>
> [payam-imac:~] payam% sudo port install amarok +universal
> Password:
> Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
> --->  Computing dependencies for amarokError: Unable to execute port: Can't install mysql5 because conflicting ports are installed: mysql5-devel
>

> Is there a way to make port to be able to compare these two versions reported for the two versions of mysql5?

MacPorts doesn't care about the versions. The amarok port declares its dependency on MySQL thus:

path:lib/mysql5/libmysqld.a:mysql5

This means any port that provides /opt/local/lib/mysql5/libmysqld.a satisfies the dependency. If the file is not installed, MacPorts tries to install the mysql5 port.

Does your mysql5-devel port provide this file?