mysql5 vs mysql devel

Payam Minoofar payam.minoofar at meissner.com
Wed Dec 23 09:37:40 PST 2009

On Dec 22, 2009, at 10:02 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Dec 22, 2009, at 17:01, Payam Minoofar wrote:
>
>> When I try to build Amarok, port hits this barrier, which doesn't seem to make sense:
>>
>> [payam-imac:~] payam% sudo port install amarok +universal
>> Password:
>> Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
>> --->  Computing dependencies for amarokError: Unable to execute port: Can't install mysql5 because conflicting ports are installed: mysql5-devel
>>

>> Is there a way to make port to be able to compare these two versions reported for the two versions of mysql5?
>
> MacPorts doesn't care about the versions. The amarok port declares its dependency on MySQL thus:
>
> path:lib/mysql5/libmysqld.a:mysql5
>
> This means any port that provides /opt/local/lib/mysql5/libmysqld.a satisfies the dependency. If the file is not installed, MacPorts tries to install the mysql5 port.
>
> Does your mysql5-devel port provide this file?

Here is the problem, it seems. libmysqld.a resides in /opt/local/lib/mysql5/mysql/

So, Amarok is looking for this file in the wrong directory. I also installed mysql-server-devel, but this had no impact. Perhaps the Amarok dependency needs to be updated?

I would like to wish everyone on the list and at Macports a merry Christmas and a happy new year. Your hard work is truly appreciated.

Payam

Payam Minoofar, Ph.D.
Scientist
Meissner Filtration Products