Biggles problem

David Nicholls david at mso.anu.edu.au
Sun Dec 27 15:24:44 PST 2009

I've been trying to get the biggles port to work. It nearly does work.

However, if I run any of the test programs from the biggles sourceforge
site, I get errors of the form:

libplot: ignoring request to create plotter of unknown type
Bus error

OS X 10.5.8, Macports and installed ports just updated using slfupdate,
and using XQuartz 2.4.0

Part of my problem is probably that I have several versions of Python
installed.

Setting a .profile entry to point to the macports version 2.4.6, with
the entry:

PATH="/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/bin:${PATH}"

doesn't solve the problem, because when I run one of the test programs,
I get a Python crash.  On simple test programs, the macports python
works fine.

It's probably something pointing to the wrong place.

Any suggestions?

DN