Can't install foo because conflicting ports are installed: foo-foo

Charles Darwin macports.users at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 09:59:37 PST 2009

hi, in trying to build Kdenlive port tries to build qt4-mac and fails.
I managed to build qt4-mac-devel but now I get this:

Error: Unable to execute port: Can't install qt4-mac because
conflicting ports are installed: qt4-mac-deve

looking at Portfiles for Kdenlive's deps it seems that it's not only
one dep to workaround but there is a bunch of them. is there a hack to
get base port to think qt4-mac-devel is qt4-mac?

Thnx