install specific version of portfile

Thierry th.douez at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 09:44:21 PST 2009

Hi all,

This week-end I discovered Macport and I was really astonished
about this tool !

Congratulations to all who build this gem.

What I wanted to do is use a perl package on a Mac, call Image::Magick.

It depends on ImageMagick library.

So, I put my sleeves up and start with macport.

Then install ImageMagick, so far so good.

The problem is that the installation of Perl Magick failed...

I don't have the time neither probably the skills to go further on
this problem,
but I was thinking of installing the same versions of ImageMagick and
Perl Magick.
I'm on a Macbook with Tiger ( 10.4.11 )

The question:
Can we, and if yes how, install a portfile with a specific version
( not the last )
I didn't see anything about that.

please, see me as a new user :-)

Regards,