install specific version of portfile

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Mon Feb 2 12:30:45 PST 2009

Thierry wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This week-end I discovered Macport and I was really astonished
> about this tool !
>
> Congratulations to all who build this gem.
>
> What I wanted to do is use a perl package on a Mac, call Image::Magick.
>
> It depends on ImageMagick library.
>
> So, I put my sleeves up and start with macport.
>
> Then install ImageMagick, so far so good.
>
> The problem is that the installation of Perl Magick failed...

IIRC, you can install ImageMagick with the perl variant and not worry
about p5-perlmagick. To force a rebuild of ImageMagick with the new
variant, use this command:

sudo port -fn upgrade ImageMagick +perl

For future reference, a list of the available variants is displayed by
'port variants <portname>'.

- Josh