xorg-

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Tue Feb 3 13:17:16 PST 2009

On Feb 3, 2009, at 1:13 PM, Arden wrote:

> I get this error when trying to upgrade installed graphics ports and
> trying to install any graphic port.
>
> yardcatsmac-2:~ yardcat$ sudo port install gd2
> --->  Activating xorg-renderproto @0.9.3_0
> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /opt/
> local/include/X11/extensions/render.h is being used by the active
> render port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use the -f flag
> to force the activation.
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: xorg-libs xorg-
> libXcursor xorg-renderproto xorg-libXrandr
>
> I haven't any idea on how to fix or configure this error. Thanks,
> Arden

I think you need to do what the errors are telling you
sudo port -d deactivate render; sudo port -d install gd2; sudo port -d
activate render;

I do not know why, or what repercussions this has, and hopefully
someone can explain what it is that is going on, as to why if this is
harmless, it can not happen automatically.  I have run into this
before, and the above steps have gotten me past it.
--
Scott

* If you contact me off list replace talklists@ with scott@ *