X11 problem?

Robert Campbell thebobcampbell at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 14:56:34 PST 2009

I decided to rebuild my MacPorts installation due to some trouble I
was having building certain packages, hoping a clean build would help.

My system:
Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz
OS X 10.4.11
Xcode 2.5
X11 (with SDK) 1.1.3 from Apple

Removed everything per the instructions on the macports site, then
reinstalled from the 1.7.0 DMG for Tiger.

Just to kick things off, I built xv (had to build subversion first).
Now it appears to be installing Xorg in its entirety (do I really
need Xinerama?  kinda doubtful).

Is this the expected behavior now, or did the new installation miss
the Apple X11 already installed?  Could it have been a path thing?
Was there a placeholder I needed to "install" to tell macports I
already had X11?

(though this is making me reminisce about the old days of building
X11R4 from scratch on my Sun IPC - come back 14 hours later and it's
just about to finish...)

Thanks,
Bob Campbell