error near build_libtool_libs

Peter O'Gorman peter at pogma.com
Sun Feb 22 09:33:42 PST 2009

William Davis wrote:
> the following error appears in something like 6 ports:
>
> checking for gawk... gawk
> ./configure: line 2554: syntax error near unexpected token
> `build_libtool_libs,'
> ./configure: line 2554: `    _LT_DECL(build_libtool_libs, enable_shared,
> 0,'
>
> and configure fails.

_LT_DECL is an internal libtool macro that was introduced in
libtool-2.2.x. The fact that it appears verbatim in configure means that
m4 did not find a definition for it when it created configure, because,
I assume, aclocal did not find the libtool-2.x macros in its search path.

Please try rebuilding the problematic ports with the libtool port
installed. If the build succeeds, then file tickets on those ports for
the missing build dependency.

Peter
--
Peter O'Gorman