error near build_libtool_libs

William Davis frstan at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 22 11:23:46 PST 2009

On Feb 22, 2009, at 12:33 PM, Peter O'Gorman wrote:

> William Davis wrote:
>> the following error appears in something like 6 ports:
>>
>> checking for gawk... gawk
>> checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
>> ./configure: line 2554: syntax error near unexpected token
>> `build_libtool_libs,'
>> ./configure: line 2554: `    _LT_DECL(build_libtool_libs,
>> enable_shared,
>> 0,'
>>
>> and configure fails.
>
> _LT_DECL is an internal libtool macro that was introduced in
> libtool-2.2.x. The fact that it appears verbatim in configure means
> that
> m4 did not find a definition for it when it created configure,
> because,
> I assume, aclocal did not find the libtool-2.x macros in its search
> path.
>
> Please try rebuilding the problematic ports with the libtool port
> installed. If the build succeeds, then file tickets on those ports for
> the missing build dependency.
>
> Peter
> --
> Peter O'Gorman
> http://pogma.com

thanks Peter, for your reply.  However consider:

macintosh:~ frstan$ port installed libtool
   libtool @2.2.6a_0 (active)

and

macintosh:~ frstan$ which libtool
/usr/bin/libtool

??

William Davis
frstanATbellsouthDOTnet
Mac OS X.5.6 Darwin 9.5.0
XQuartz 2.3.2 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple31)
Mac Mini Intel Duo @ 1.86 GHz

Mundus vult decepi, ego non