error near build_libtool_libs

William Davis frstan at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 22 11:26:51 PST 2009

On Feb 22, 2009, at 1:28 PM, Joshua Root wrote:

> Peter O'Gorman wrote:
>> William Davis wrote:
>>> the following error appears in something like 6 ports:
>>>
>>> checking for gawk... gawk
>>> checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
>>> ./configure: line 2554: syntax error near unexpected token
>>> `build_libtool_libs,'
>>> ./configure: line 2554: `    _LT_DECL(build_libtool_libs,
>>> enable_shared,
>>> 0,'
>>>
>>> and configure fails.
>>
>> _LT_DECL is an internal libtool macro that was introduced in
>> libtool-2.2.x. The fact that it appears verbatim in configure means
>> that
>> m4 did not find a definition for it when it created configure,
>> because,
>> I assume, aclocal did not find the libtool-2.x macros in its search
>> path.
>>
>> Please try rebuilding the problematic ports with the libtool port
>> installed. If the build succeeds, then file tickets on those ports
>> for
>> the missing build dependency.
>
> The aalib port does depend on libtool (and autoconf and automake), and
> it builds fine for me. Do any of those three need to be upgraded?
>
> - Josh

macintosh:~ frstan$ port installed libtool
   libtool @2.2.6a_0 (active)
macintosh:~ frstan$ port installed autoconf
   autoconf @2.63_0 (active)
macintosh:~ frstan$ port installed automake
   automake @1.10.2_0 (active)

Apparently current......

William Davis
frstanATbellsouthDOTnet
Mac OS X.5.6 Darwin 9.5.0
XQuartz 2.3.2 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple31)
Mac Mini Intel Duo @ 1.86 GHz

Mundus vult decepi, ego non