perl libnet net::smtnp

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed Feb 25 13:46:19 PST 2009

On Feb 25, 2009, at 1:22 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> On Feb 25, 2009, at 4:18 PM, Scott Haneda wrote:
>>>
>>> % port search libnet
>>> libnet @1.0.2a (net)
>>>  A C library for creating IP packets
>>
>> Then this is just my ignorance. I am working on perl mods, and I
>> find libnet in CPAN, so I cam looking for p5-libnet, which I can
>> not find.  You showed me a C based libnet.
>
> it's a good thing you quoted it that way, skipping the part where I
> pasted the complete output which included p5-net:

It was intentional, I was not trying to make this harder.

> p5-net @1.22 (perl)
>   Perl5 modules to access and use network protocols. Also known as
> libnet.

I just looked at the p5-net, and did not catch the "Also known as
libnet".  Sorry about that.  It is still confusing to me, as this
chain of emails illustrates.  The format for p5's is p5-name, p5-net
does not follow that.

Thank you for your help.
--
Scott