[Q] how to uninstall "not registered" inactive ports

Kuniaki Mukai mukai at sfc.keio.ac.jp
Wed Feb 25 21:38:03 PST 2009

Rainer, Josh,
Thank you for your clear explanations.
I understand the difference between the two:
port installed inactive
port list inactive

Following your message, I successfully
have managed to uninstall one of the two inactive ports,
but I have activated the other, instead uninstalling,
because of new dependency message I got.

Thanks to your helps, now I am able to have
macports states in which there is no inactive ports.

Kuniaki

The following is the log of command lines for getting the port state having no inactive ports.

% port installed inactive
  p5-test-harness @3.14_0
  p5-test-simple @0.86_0
  render @0.9_1
% port uninstall p5-test-harness at 3.14_0
--->  Unable to uninstall p5-test-harness 3.14_0, the following ports depend on it:
--->  	p5-test-simple
Error: port uninstall failed: Please uninstall the ports that depend on p5-test-harness first.
% port uninstall p5-test-simple at 0.86_0
--->  Unable to uninstall p5-test-simple 0.86_0, the following ports depend on it:
--->  	p5-xml-simple
Error: port uninstall failed: Please uninstall the ports that depend on p5-test-simple first.
% sudo port activate p5-test-simple at 0.86_0
Password:
--->  Activating p5-test-simple @0.86_0
% sudo port activate p5-test-harness at 3.14_0
--->  Activating p5-test-harness @3.14_0
Error: port activate failed: Image error: /opt/local/bin/prove is being used by the active perl5.8 port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use the -f flag to force the activation.
% sudo port uninstall -f p5-test-harness at 3.14_0
--->  Unable to uninstall p5-test-harness 3.14_0, the following ports depend on it:
--->  	p5-test-simple
Warning: Uninstall forced.  Proceeding despite dependencies.
--->  Uninstalling p5-test-harness @3.14_0
% port installed inactive
  render @0.9_1
% sudo port uninstall render at 0.9_1
--->  Uninstalling render @0.9_1
% port installed inactive
None of the specified ports are installed.