Install suggestions for port ASSP

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Feb 26 17:24:32 PST 2009

My ASSP portfile I have now, instead of using xinstall, I just copy
the directory into place.   I need a little guidance no the best way
to do this.

ASSP will end up in /opt/local/var/ASSP

If ASSP is not there, I just move the entire distro in.  On first run
of ASSP, a few files and folders are made, the user is good to go.

How do I deal with updates to ASSP?  The files that were made on first
run, as well as config files that have been edited over time, can not
be replaced.

I believe if I do this as a entire directory, I am going to mess up,
unless there is a merge or sync command I am not seeing.

Would it then be correct to simply install each file one at a time,
then they get registered, and the port upgrade can just touch those
files, leaving any user created files in the same area alone?
--
Scott