Perl error, once and for all

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Sat Feb 28 18:59:47 PST 2009

On 2009-02-26 10:16:23 -0500, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> On Feb 26, 2009, at 7:28 AM, Scott Haneda wrote:
>> Does anyone know how CPAN solves this?
>
> CPAN installs overwrite the perl-provided module with the newer one
> (this is the whole reason why we have a problem).

Well, that's a MacPorts specific bug, then. Under Debian, it defaults
to /usr/local, thus does *not* overwrite perl-provided modules from
Debian (that would be really bad if it did). Anyway, the user can
choose. The documentation for path configurations sucks, but that's
possible.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>