GnuCash packaging

Ben Greenfield ben at cogs.com
Fri Jan 2 06:43:12 PST 2009

On Jan 1, 2009, at 4:57 AM, Charles Day wrote:

> Olaf,
>
> Before I joined the list, I saw an email from you in October (see http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2008-October/012020.html)
>  about trying to package gnucash with "port mdmg". Were you ever
> successful in working around the error? I ask because I now have the
> same problem.
>
> $ sudo port mdmg gnucash +no_x11
> --->  Creating pkg for gnucash-2.2.8
> Error: Target org.macports.pkg returned: shell command
> "PMResourceLocale=English /Developer/Applications/Utilities/
> PackageMaker.app/Contents/MacOS/PackageMaker -AppleLanguages
> "(English)"

I just tried

slip:~ slipadmin$ sudo port -d pkg gnucash +no_x11

and got this...

DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/gnome/gnucash
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/gnome/gnucash
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port gnucash.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port gnucash.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port gnucash.
DEBUG: Executing variant no_x11 provides no_x11
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/perl/p5-xml-parser
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/perl/p5-xml-parser
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: Using group file /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/_resources/port1.0/group/perl5-1.0.tcl
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port p5-xml-parser.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port p5-xml-parser.
DEBUG: Requested variant no_x11 is not provided by port p5-xml-parser.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port p5-xml-parser.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: p5-xml-parser
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for p5-xml-parser
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/glib2
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/glib2
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port glib2.
DEBUG: Requested variant no_x11 is not provided by port glib2.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port glib2.
DEBUG: Executing variant darwin provides darwin
DEBUG: Executing variant darwin_9 provides darwin_9
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: glib2
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for glib2
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/gnome/gconf
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/gnome/gconf
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: 'universal_variant no' specified, so not adding the default
universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port gconf.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port gconf.
DEBUG: Requested variant no_x11 is not provided by port gconf.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port gconf.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: gconf
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for gconf
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/lang/guile16
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/lang/guile16
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port guile16.
DEBUG: Requested variant no_x11 is not provided by port guile16.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port guile16.
DEBUG: Executing variant darwin provides darwin
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: guile16
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for guile16
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/slib
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/slib
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: not using configure, so not adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port slib.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port slib.
DEBUG: Requested variant no_x11 is not provided by port slib.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port slib.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: slib
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for slib
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/slib-guile16
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/slib-guile16
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: not using configure, so not adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port slib-guile16.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port slib-guile16.
DEBUG: Requested variant no_x11 is not provided by port slib-guile16.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port slib-guile16.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: slib-guile16
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for slib-guile16
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/popt
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/popt
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port popt.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port popt.
DEBUG: Requested variant no_x11 is not provided by port popt.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port popt.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: popt
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for popt
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/gnome/libgnomeui
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/gnome/libgnomeui
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port libgnomeui.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port libgnomeui.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port libgnomeui.
DEBUG: Executing variant no_x11 provides no_x11
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: libgnomeui
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for libgnomeui
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/gnome/libgnomeprintui
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/gnome/libgnomeprintui
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port libgnomeprintui.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port libgnomeprintui.
DEBUG: Requested variant no_x11 is not provided by port libgnomeprintui.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port libgnomeprintui.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: libgnomeprintui
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for libgnomeprintui
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/gnome/libgtkhtml3
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/gnome/libgtkhtml3
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port libgtkhtml3.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port libgtkhtml3.
DEBUG: Requested variant no_x11 is not provided by port libgtkhtml3.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port libgtkhtml3.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: libgtkhtml3
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for libgtkhtml3
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/gnome/libgsf
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/gnome/libgsf
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port libgsf.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port libgsf.
DEBUG: Requested variant no_x11 is not provided by port libgsf.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port libgsf.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: libgsf
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for libgsf
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/gnome/goffice
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/gnome/goffice
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port goffice.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port goffice.
DEBUG: Requested variant no_x11 is not provided by port goffice.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port goffice.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: goffice
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for goffice
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/aqbanking
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/aqbanking
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port aqbanking.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port aqbanking.
DEBUG: Requested variant no_x11 is not provided by port aqbanking.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port aqbanking.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: aqbanking
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for aqbanking
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/libofx
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/libofx
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port libofx.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port libofx.
DEBUG: Requested variant no_x11 is not provided by port libofx.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port libofx.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: libofx
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for libofx
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/perl/p5-finance-quote
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/perl/p5-finance-quote
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: Using group file /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/_resources/port1.0/group/perl5-1.0.tcl
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port p5-finance-
quote.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port p5-finance-quote.
DEBUG: Requested variant no_x11 is not provided by port p5-finance-
quote.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port p5-finance-
quote.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: p5-finance-quote
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for p5-finance-quote
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/libtool
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/libtool
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port libtool.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port libtool.
DEBUG: Requested variant no_x11 is not provided by port libtool.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port libtool.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: libtool
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for libtool
DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/archivers/lzmautils
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/archivers/lzmautils
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port lzmautils.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port lzmautils.
DEBUG: Requested variant no_x11 is not provided by port lzmautils.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port lzmautils.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: lzmautils
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for lzmautils
DEBUG: Skipping org.macports.main (gnucash) since this port is already
installed
DEBUG: Skipping org.macports.fetch (gnucash) since this port is
already installed
DEBUG: Skipping org.macports.checksum (gnucash) since this port is
already installed
DEBUG: setting option extract.cmd to /opt/local/bin/lzma
DEBUG: Skipping org.macports.extract (gnucash) since this port is
already installed
DEBUG: Skipping org.macports.patch (gnucash) since this port is
already installed
DEBUG: Skipping org.macports.configure (gnucash) since this port is
already installed
DEBUG: Skipping org.macports.build (gnucash) since this port is
already installed
DEBUG: Skipping org.macports.destroot (gnucash) since this port is
already installed
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.pkg (gnucash)
--->  Creating pkg for gnucash-2.2.8
DEBUG: Calling /Developer/Applications/Utilities/PackageMaker.app/
Contents/MacOS/PackageMaker for gnucash pkg
Warning: Unknown argument: -AppleLanguages
Warning: Unknown argument: (English)
ERROR: The specified root is invalid: /opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_gnucash/work/destroot
Error: Target org.macports.pkg returned: shell command
"PMResourceLocale=English /Developer/Applications/Utilities/
PackageMaker.app/Contents/MacOS/PackageMaker -AppleLanguages
"(English)" --root /opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_gnucash/work/destroot --out /opt/
local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_gnucash/work/gnucash-2.2.8.pkg  --
resources /opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_gnucash/work/pkg_resources --title
"gnucash-2.2.8" --info /opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_gnucash/work/Info.plist --target
10.3 --domain system --id org.macports.gnucash" returned error 1
Command output: Warning: Unknown argument: -AppleLanguages
Warning: Unknown argument: (English)
ERROR: The specified root is invalid: /opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_gnucash/work/destroot
Warning: the following items did not execute (for gnucash):
org.macports.pkg

It is the same error I checked the the Apple docs on Packagmaker.app
and they describe how Packmaker has been recreated for leopard. I
suspect that the problem is that Packmaker no longer has an -
AppleLanguages option. I will dig around and see if I can figure out
how macports uses Packagmaker.app.

Ben