GnuCash packaging

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 15:19:55 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Olaf Foellinger <olaf at foellinger.de> wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> * Charles Day <cedayiv at gmail.com> [01.01.09 12:30]wrote:
>
> >    Olaf,
> >
> >    Before I joined the list, I saw an email from you in October
> >    (see [1]
> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2008-Octob
> >    er/012020.html) about trying to package gnucash with "port mdmg". Were
> >    you ever successful in working around the error? I ask because I now
> >    have the same problem.
> >    $ sudo port mdmg gnucash +no_x11
> >    --->  Creating pkg for gnucash-2.2.8
> >    Error: Target org.macports.pkg returned: shell command
>
> no I wasn't successful yet. I'm eve not sure what wold be the content of
> the mdmg file. I take your mail as a starter to update my port system to
> 1.7 and investigate this further. Currently
>
> $ sudo port upgrade outdated

I noticed that the portfile for gnucash 2.2.8 automatically throws out the
dependency on evince if you use the +no_x11 variant. If fact all I had to do
by hand now was to change the aqbanking portfile to get rid of the qbanking
and cbanking front ends. I wonder if there could be a +no_x11 variant
created for aqbanking which would do this automatically? But I don't really
understand aqbanking, so maybe that isn't really correct except for gnucash
users - I don't know.

> is running which will take some time since there are some outdated
> packages. Afterwards I'll try the packaging again.
>
> Gruß Olaf

Cheers,
Charles