GnuCash packaging

Olaf Foellinger olaf at foellinger.de
Sat Jan 3 00:39:12 PST 2009

Hi,

* Ben Greenfield <ben at cogs.com> [03.01.09 09:30]wrote:

>    On Jan 1, 2009, at 4:57 AM, Charles Day wrote:
>
>      Olaf,
>
>    Before I joined the list, I saw an email from you in October
>    (see [1]http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2008-Octob
>    er/012020.html) about trying to package gnucash with "port mdmg". Were
>    you ever successful in working around the error? I ask because I now
>    have the same problem.
>    $ sudo port mdmg gnucash +no_x11
>    --->  Creating pkg for gnucash-2.2.8
>    Error: Target org.macports.pkg returned: shell command
>    "PMResourceLocale=English
>    /Developer/Applications/Utilities/PackageMaker.app/Contents/MacOS/Packa
>    geMaker -AppleLanguages "(English)"
>
>    I just tried
>    slip:~ slipadmin$ sudo port -d pkg gnucash +no_x11
>    and got this...
>    DEBUG: Found port in
>    [2]file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/po
>    rts/gnome/gnucash
>    DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
>    ports.org_release_ports_gnome_gnucash/work/destroot
>    Warning: the following items did not execute (for gnucash):
>    org.macports.pkg
>    Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>    It is the same error I checked the the Apple docs on Packagmaker.app
>    and they describe how Packmaker has been recreated for leopard. I
>    suspect that the problem is that Packmaker no longer has an
>    -AppleLanguages option. I will dig around and see if I can figure out
>    how macports uses Packagmaker.app.
>    Ben

here

$ sudo port mdmg gnucash

<lots of log>
The package could not be created because of the following errors:
Root directory
"/opt/quartz/var/macports/build/_opt_quartz_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_archivers_zlib/work/destroot"
is not valid.

--->  Creating disk image for gnucash-2.2.8

The image has been created, but I'm not sure about the content because
lots of packages showed the error above. Maybe for package creation one
needs the archiving mode enabled.

Btw, I'm o 1.4.11 if this matters.

Gruß Olaf