dbd-mysql - where is it?

Takashi Yoshida takashi at takashiyoshida.org
Sat Jan 3 08:10:55 PST 2009

Did you try running 'port search rb-dbi'?

$ port search rb-dbi
rb-dbd-mysql @0.0.23 (databases)
     Ruby DBI driver for Mysql. OBSOLETE: please use dbd_mysql variant
of rb-dbi

rb-dbd-pg @0.0.23 (databases)
     Ruby DBI driver for PostgreSQL. OBSOLETE: please use dbd_pg
variant of
     rb-dbi

rb-dbi @0.1.1 (ruby, databases)
     The Ruby port of DBI

Found 3 ports.

You can get more information about rb-dbi by running 'port info rb-dbi'.

$ port info rb-dbi
rb-dbi @0.1.1, Revision 1 (ruby, databases)
Variants:    dbd_mysql, dbd_odbc, dbd_pg, dbd_proxy, universal

A database independent interface for accessing databases, similar to
Perl's DBI.
Database drivers for it are now available as variants of this package.
Homepage:    http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-dbi

Library Dependencies: ruby
Platforms:            darwin
Maintainers:          nomaintainer at macports.org

If you need to install rb-dbi that works with MySQL, you should be
able to install it by running:
'sudo port install rb-dbi +dbd_mysql'.

--
Takashi Yoshida