Unable to upgrade tcl port on Tiger

Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf lars.sonchocky-helldorf at hamburg.de
Sat Jan 3 11:43:12 PST 2009

Hi,

I am experiencing problems when trying to update the tcl port:

Lars-Sonchocky-Helldorfs-Computer:~ lars$ sudo port clean --all tcl
Password:
--->  Cleaning tcl
Warning: Distfiles directory '/opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/
tcltk' may contain distfiles needed for other ports, use the -f flag
to force removal
Lars-Sonchocky-Helldorfs-Computer:~ lars$ sudo port upgrade outdated
--->  Fetching tcl
--->  Attempting to fetch tcl8.5.5-src.tar.gz from http://
mesh.dl.sourceforge.net/tcl
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for tcl
--->  Extracting tcl
--->  Configuring tcl
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: can't read
"configure.cppflags": no such variable
Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
Lars-Sonchocky-Helldorfs-Computer:~ lars$

I recently installed Xcode 2.5 and did a sudo port -vf selfupdate
just before to force a recompile (now I am at 1.700)

my Mac OS X version is 10.4.11 (Darwin 8.11.0)

what can I do about it?

Thanks,

	Lars