Perl 5.8.9 port activation failed

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Thu Jan 8 11:33:11 PST 2009

This happened to me when I was upgrading installed. I finally just deleted
the directory it was complaining about and then when I continued with the
upgrade the directory was replaced and apparently registered. However, I
realize if it doesn't work the resulting absence of a directory could
cause problems with other programs. It did work for me though and I was
able to finish the upgrade and everything works fine.

--
Cheryl