gd2 fails on perl5

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Sun Jan 11 12:05:05 PST 2009

Bradley Giesbrecht <brad <at> pixilla.com> writes:

> I understood, possibly incorrectly, that I should be able to remove /
> opt and everything related to macports would be gone.
Not quite.
Some ports install startup items (and even new users).
By default, MacPorts may also have installed stuff in
/Library/Tcl and /Applications/MacPorts.
When installing MacPorts, you can put everything in /opt/local (as I do)
by using the options seen with configure --help.

> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /usr/share/
> bin/c2ph already exists and does not belong to a registered port.
By default, MacPorts should not try to install anything in /usr/share.
Try the following:
   *  which port
   * The command should result in /opt/local/bin/port
   * If so, open the file /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf
   * Look at the value of prefix

The value of prefix should be /opt/local.

-Marcus