gd2 fails on perl5

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Sun Jan 11 13:52:05 PST 2009

On Jan 11, 2009, at 12:05 PM, Marcus Calhoun-Lopez wrote:

> Bradley Giesbrecht <brad <at> pixilla.com> writes:
>

>> I understood, possibly incorrectly, that I should be able to remove /
>> opt and everything related to macports would be gone.
> Not quite.
> Some ports install startup items (and even new users).
> By default, MacPorts may also have installed stuff in
> /Library/Tcl and /Applications/MacPorts.
> When installing MacPorts, you can put everything in /opt/local (as I
> do)
> by using the options seen with configure --help.

I misspoke. I do understand that users and groups may be left as well
as startup/launchd items.
That said, I see this being part of my problem.

>> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /usr/
>> share/
>> bin/c2ph already exists and does not belong to a registered port.
> By default, MacPorts should not try to install anything in /usr/share.
> Try the following:
>   *  which port
>   * The command should result in /opt/local/bin/port
>   * If so, open the file /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf
>   * Look at the value of prefix

Everything is as you state. I didn't alter prefix in my previous
install nor my new install.

I just uninstalled everything using "port uninstall installed".
Removed "/opt" and "/Libraray/LaunchDaemons/org.macports*" and
reinstalled macports.

	port -v install perl5

ends with this

	Warning: violation by /usr
	Warning: perl5.8 violates the layout of the ports-filesystems!
	Warning: Please fix or indicate this misbehavior (if it is intended),
it will be an error in future releases!
	--->  Installing perl5.8 @5.8.9_1
	--->  Activating perl5.8 @5.8.9_1
	Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /usr/share/
bin/c2ph already exists and does not belong to a registered port.
Unable to activate port perl5.8.
	Warning: the following items did not execute (for perl5.8):
org.macports.activate
	Error: The following dependencies failed to build: perl5.8

If someone can shed some light I would be very grateful.

Thank you for the reply,
Bradley