[macports-mgr] port status question

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Wed Jan 14 05:22:13 PST 2009

Ewout Boks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering about the kcvs 7.2.1 port. The web page says "no
> maintainer" .
>
> There is a newer version of the port available, but it cannot be loaded
> through macports. Who arranges the port update?
>
> Thanks for your great effort (I am a FreeBSD user turning more and more
> to using my Mac) !
>
> Ewout Boks

The macports-users list is the right place for this sort of question,
since it's not something that only the project managers can address.

No maintainer means precisely that - nobody is responsible for updating
the port. If you have an update that you would like applied, you can
open a ticket on Trac and attach the patch, and then any committer can
apply it for you. If you'd like to become the port's maintainer, that's
even better. ;-)

- Josh