Updating to 1.700

S. Günther h8spawn at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 14 16:14:15 PST 2009

Hi,

I know I'm late to the party but I just discovered that
MacPorts has bumped to version 1.700. Since I'm a very
happy MacPorts user since quite some time I would
definitley like to upgrade to the newest version, but I'm
one of the few who are behind a proxy which makes
port selfupdate
not an option. This puts me in some kind of predicament
because in the FAQ I only found a description on how to
upgrade without selfupdate which requires 1.700 or later.
I know there has been a way to do this manually by down -
So in essence my question is this: what's the recommended
way for updating to 1.700 without using selfupdate or
compiling from source.
I'm on Mac OS X Tiger, Intel.

Kind regards
Stephan