install trouble Mac OSX 10.4

jason white stonesoupandboiledfrogs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 16:20:49 PST 2009

Thank you all for your help.
I did a complete reinstall of MacOSX 10.4, and installed all of the updates.
Then i installed XCode 2.5, followed by MacPorts 1.6.1
After all of this, i still got the error about the port command. I updated
to MacPorts 1.7, and ran the port command again. This time it worked!!!
Turns out that by using MacPorts 1.6, and creating my own .profile, i broke
the configuration. After the complete reinstall, and upgrade to MacPorts 1.7
everything worked fine.

thank you again for all of your help,
Jason