Updating to 1.700

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Wed Jan 14 16:30:35 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 11:14:15AM +1100, S. Günther said:
> Hi,
>
> I know I'm late to the party but I just discovered that
> MacPorts has bumped to version 1.700. Since I'm a very
> happy MacPorts user since quite some time I would
> definitley like to upgrade to the newest version, but I'm
> one of the few who are behind a proxy which makes
> port selfupdate
> not an option. This puts me in some kind of predicament
> because in the FAQ I only found a description on how to
> upgrade without selfupdate which requires 1.700 or later.
> I know there has been a way to do this manually by down -
> So in essence my question is this: what's the recommended
> way for updating to 1.700 without using selfupdate or
> compiling from source.
> I'm on Mac OS X Tiger, Intel.

You can simply grab the DMG [1] for your OS version and install that,
assuming your current install is in /opt/local.  Doing so doesn't mess with
the ports you already have installed as it simply replaces the base MacPorts
code.  If you don't use /opt/local your only choice would be to grab a
source tarball and build that.

Bryan

[1] - <http://www.macports.org/install.php>