upgrading VIM errors

Adam Dershowitz dersh at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jan 18 16:51:58 PST 2009

On Jan 18, 2009, at 4:06 PM, Mark Hattam wrote:

> Did a selfupdate on Macports 1.7 running on OSX 10.5.6, then a port
> outdated ...
>

> iMac:~ mark$ sudo port upgrade outdated

> Previously today, gd2 was updated
> --->  Deactivating gd2 @2.0.35_2
> --->  Installing gd2 @2.0.35_3
>
> whose upgrade process downloaded, built, installed and activated 70
> (seventy) xorg- packages ...
>

> Mark

I also did an upgrade that is still going...with a whole bunch of xorg
packages (I didn't count, like you did).  I think that some of these
got installed also because of a change in xrender.  So some got
installed as that was upgrading.
Along the way it also installed python26!  It looks like this is
because it installed xorg-xcb-proto @1.3_0+python26.  I am not sure if
this will work or not because I have not, and was not planning to
run:  sudo python_select python26.

--Adam