upgrading VIM errors

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jan 18 17:49:16 PST 2009

On Jan 18, 2009, at 18:51, Adam Dershowitz wrote:

> Along the way it also installed python26!  It looks like this is
> because it installed xorg-xcb-proto @1.3_0+python26.  I am not sure
> if this will work or not because I have not, and was not planning
> to run:  sudo python_select python26.

It is not necessary to run "sudo python_select python26" unless you
want to be able to type "python" and have it run python26. Any port
that depends on python26 (or any other python) should function
correctly without using python_select. Perhaps the message printed by
the python ports could be worded differently, so that it is not
implied that running python_select is necessary.