Liger: It's pretty much my favorite animal

Timothy Lee TimLee at rochester.rr.com
Mon Jan 19 18:05:00 PST 2009

Hello all!

New to this list. I've been working on porting Musicbrainz Picard to
the mac (dependencies fulfilled by MacPorts) over the past few weeks.
While working through some of the issues, a few questions popped up:

1. I'm building on Leopard (i386) but was hoping to target Tiger. What
(universal-ity aside) are the proper steps to compile everything on my
Leopard install for Tiger? Is it simply setting universal_target to
10.4 in my macports.conf ? Or are there other variables that need to
be set? What packages do I need to have installed (the 10.4 SDK) ?

2. For building a Tiger Macports on my Leopard, should I simply
download the 10.4 package installer and life will be fine?

Thanks a bunch for any help!

Tim Lee