Postfix and cyrus in Macports bind to different saslauthd

Ignacio de Córdoba icordoba at skios.es
Wed Jan 21 11:13:31 PST 2009

Hi there,
I am experimenting an extrange behaviour with saslauthd daemons.
Macports port of Postfix seems to need Apple's builtin saslauthd daemon but
Macports port of Cyrus needs macports version of saslauthd.
I guess this is not normal... I don't mind using any of the versions of
saslauthd as I don't need a special auth mech; just rimap which is built in
both, but whould like to use just one of them. Now I have both saslauthd
started. mux files ar in /opt/local/var/state/saslauthd/mux and
/var/state/saslauthd/mux

Anybody knows how can y make Macports ports of postfix or Cyrus Imaps use
one or the other saslauthd daemons?
Thanks,
Ignacio