Postfix and cyrus in Macports bind to different saslauthd

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Fri Jan 23 11:31:58 PST 2009

>Hi there,
>I am experimenting an extrange behaviour with saslauthd daemons.
>Macports port of Postfix seems to need Apple's builtin saslauthd daemon
>but
>Macports port of Cyrus needs macports version of saslauthd.
>I guess this is not normal... I don't mind using any of the versions of
>saslauthd as I don't need a special auth mech; just rimap which is built
>in
>both, but whould like to use just one of them. Now I have both saslauthd
>started. mux files ar in /opt/local/var/state/saslauthd/mux and
>/var/state/saslauthd/mux
>
>Anybody knows how can y make Macports ports of postfix or Cyrus Imaps use
>one or the other saslauthd daemons?

Hi Ignacio,

I haven't used postscript this way, but it is set to do that and it seems
like it is building against the macports version of cyrus-sasl judging by
the build messages.  Can you give any information you see where it shows
that it isn't -error messages, otool output or anything else?  Thanks.

Mark