Universal Binaries

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jan 24 17:21:23 PST 2009

On Jan 24, 2009, at 14:01, Timothy Lee wrote:

> Exact same settings as below (except I'm only building i386),  yet
> I'm still seeing "DEBUG: Environment:
> MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET='10.5'".
>
> Any Ideas?

Only building i386 -- does that mean you are not using the +universal
variant? If so, the universal_target setting is not used, as I
believe Josh mentioned earlier in this thread.

> Also - I'm seeing ""Warning: Please fix or indicate this
> misbehavior (if it is intended)"" on every install saying that /
> mopt/local/bin is in violation - any ideas on this?

Did you have a slash at the end of your --prefix when you configured
-- i.e. "./configure --prefix=/mopt/local/bin/"? If so, reconfigure
and omit the slash at the end -- i.e. "./configure --prefix=/mopt/
local/bin" (and then of course "make" and "sudo make install"). This
will be fixed in MacPorts 1.8.0.

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/13789