Universal Binaries

Timothy Lee TimLee at rochester.rr.com
Sun Jan 25 12:05:48 PST 2009

Ryan-
Thanks for the tip on not adding the '/' to the --prefix - that fixed
the problem.

In regards to the +universal variants - my universal_target only
contains "i386" as suggested by Josh. My other settings look like this:

# Options for Universal Binaries (+universal variant)

# MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET
universal_target        10.4

# the SDK "sysroot" to use
universal_sysroot       /Xcode3_0/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk

# machine architectures
universal_archs         i386

Again- my variants.conf only contains +universal and my macports.conf
as the variants_conf path set correctly - yet I still see the
deployment is being set to 10.5.

Any suggestions?

thanks