circular dependency texlive_base/texlive_texmf-full

S. Günther h8spawn at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 26 18:21:36 PST 2009

Hello,

while upgrading my ports I got the the error described in
http://trac.macports.org/ticket/18166. After a little thinking
I realized that I didn't really need texlive_base anymore so
I tried to uninstall it which failed due to a dependency on
texlive_texmf-full. Now this one won't uninstall due to a
dependency on texlive_base which closes a vicious circle
and is quite annoying.
The interesting thing is that while port dependents gets all
the dependencies right, port deps fails to report the circular
dependencies:
> port dependents texlive_texmf-full
> texlive_base depends on texlive_texmf-full

> port dependents texlive_base
> texlive_texmf-full depends on texlive_base

but:

> port deps texlive_texmf-full
> texlive_texmf-full has no dependencies

I've omitted the output of port deps texlive_base because
it is rather long and gets the depency on texlive_texmf-full
right.
Could anyone please give me any pointers on how to get
those packages to uninstall? I would force the uninstallation
but I'm always a little bit careful about potentially breaking
things so I'd rather wanted to ask whether that would be
ok before I do it.

Thanks in advance
Stephan

PS: I'm on Mac OS X Tiger and MacPorts Version: 1.700,
using port sync to syncronise because  I'm behind a proxy
which won't allow port selfupdate.