dbus failed to activate

Timothy Lee TimLee at rochester.rr.com
Mon Jan 26 20:07:29 PST 2009

Hello-

It looks like dbus is failing to activate on my setup. I have two
active macport installs (one in /opt/local and one in /tigeropt/
local). I'm very careful to be using the correct paths based on which
version I'm working with. I installed my /opt/local dbus first and
the /tigeropt/local second. In my /tigeropt/local/etc/macports/
macports.conf I have startupitem_type set to 'none'.

This is the output I'm receiving when I try to install the /tiger/opt
dbus:

--->  Activating dbus @1.2.12_4+universal
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /Library/
LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist already exists and
does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate port dbus.
Warning: the following items did not execute (for dbus):
org.macports.activate
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: dbus jpeg libmng
autoconf help2man gettext libiconv gperf ncurses ncursesw p5-locale-
gettext perl5 perl5.8 m4 automake lcms tiff zlib libtool libpng mysql5
openssl postgresql83 bison libxml2 libxslt ossp-uuid readline sqlite3
unixODBC

thanks for any input!