Problems with Apache2 starting up

Jeff Stubbs jeff at cjstubbs.org
Tue Jan 27 20:14:24 PST 2009

Greetings,

I've used MP to build an Apache2/MySQL/PHP5 server for spouse's
employer last November. Since startup then, everything has worked
fine. However, late yesterday afternoon, I got a call that the sites
weren't accessible. Since I was a work, I told them just to restart
the machine. Machine restarted fine, but Apache2 didn't start up on
boot. SSH'd in and ran 'top', no httpd processes were running.
Launchctl showed that the plist file was already loaded. Using the
apachectl command (MP's, not Apples), the server started up. Just for
kicks, this evening I restarted the machine, Apache2 wasn't heard
from, but will start from the command line. Anyone one experiencing
the same problem?

Machine Data: dual 1.8 Ghz G5, OS X.5.5,
MacPorts 1.700, Apache 2.2.10, MySQL 5.0.67, PHP 5.2..6

Some of the installed ports are now slightly out of date, but
shouldn't suddenly cause problems. Two Daemondo processes are running
after starting apache. I usually scan the user & dev lists, but don't
recall anyone reporting a similar problem.

Thanks,

Jeff