named with DLZ support

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Thu Jan 29 16:47:09 PST 2009

On Jan 29, 2009, at 4:27 PM, Scott Haneda wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2009, at 4:05 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>
>> On Jan 29, 2009, at 6:46 PM, Scott Haneda wrote:
>>> Since I patched the bind9 stuff, I want to start over, how can I
>>> delete the portfile, and get ports to download a new one that is
>>> clean, so I can then apply the 3 patches below?
>>>
>>> I am confused about the statement to download the 3 patches and
>>> drop them in bind9/files
>>

>> sorry, hit send too quickly.
>>
>> You should be able to do a 'port sync' and have your changes to the
>> portfile removed.
>>
>> There is a patch to the portfile that you'll apply and the other
>> files go in the files directory where the bind9 portfile lives so
>> that macports will apply them.
>>
>> If this seems too confusing, you may want to just wait until I get
>> a chance to look over the proposed patch and integrate it...
>
> Well, not too confusing, as long as I can learn it, I will not
> pester again once I get what is going on.  Unless you think you will
> have this patch integrated in a day, I have a client beating up down
> by neck to at least prove this is as a solution.  I am not going to
> run it production for some time, but I do need a proof of concept.
>
> Should I do this in my local repo, or in the real bind9 location?
> So, to get this correct...

I do this in my local repo so port selfupdate doesn't wipe'm out.

> I take this:
> 	https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/17783/Portfile.bind9_dlz_mysql.diff
> run diff to the main portfile for mysql

No, disregard that file. I added a comment at the bottom of the trac
page. Daniel wanted me to do it differently so I did. Just replace
your local_repo/net/bind9 with the tar file I sent you or....

> drop this in bind9/files
> 	https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/17783/patch-Portfile

No, patch your Portfile with this file.

Drop it in local_repo/net/bind9 and do:
patch -p0 < patch-Portfile

That's letter "p" number "0".

> 	https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/17783/patch-configure
> 	https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/17783/patch-contrib-dlz-config.dlz.in

Yes, these go in local_repo/net/bind9/files

> run sudo port -d install bind9 mysql5 +dlz_mysql5

Yes.