named with DLZ support

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Jan 29 16:27:21 PST 2009

On Jan 29, 2009, at 4:05 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2009, at 6:46 PM, Scott Haneda wrote:
>> Since I patched the bind9 stuff, I want to start over, how can I
>> delete the portfile, and get ports to download a new one that is
>> clean, so I can then apply the 3 patches below?
>>
>> I am confused about the statement to download the 3 patches and
>> drop them in bind9/files
>

> sorry, hit send too quickly.
>
> You should be able to do a 'port sync' and have your changes to the
> portfile removed.
>
> There is a patch to the portfile that you'll apply and the other
> files go in the files directory where the bind9 portfile lives so
> that macports will apply them.
>
> If this seems too confusing, you may want to just wait until I get a
> chance to look over the proposed patch and integrate it...

Well, not too confusing, as long as I can learn it, I will not pester
again once I get what is going on.  Unless you think you will have
this patch integrated in a day, I have a client beating up down by
neck to at least prove this is as a solution.  I am not going to run
it production for some time, but I do need a proof of concept.

Should I do this in my local repo, or in the real bind9 location?
So, to get this correct...

I take this:
	https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/17783/Portfile.bind9_dlz_mysql.diff
run diff to the main portfile for mysql

drop this in bind9/files
	https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/17783/patch-Portfile
	https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/17783/patch-configure
	https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/17783/patch-contrib-dlz-config.dlz.in

run sudo port -d install bind9 mysql5 +dlz_mysql5

I have a feeling that is just not correct.

--
Scott